Collin College’s Office of External Relations serves to advance the strategic goals and legislative objectives of the college so that it may deliver on its vision of delivering a brighter future for our students and communities.
Texas’ 50 community colleges represent the greatest segment of higher education in the state, with more than 70% of all Texas freshmen and sophomores enrolled, and are a prime contributor to economic activity in their respective service regions.
Board Elections Elections & Voting Foundation Local Elected Officials
About Collin College
- Collin College has had sustained growth over its 38-year history, but the last eight years have been remarkable. Now serving more than 57,000 students and maintaining a reputation for academic excellence, it offers an unmatched combination of award-winning programs and state-of-the-art facilities.
- Collin College has the lowest in-district tuition of any of the 50 community college districts in the state, and the second-lowest tax-rate.
- In addition to the iCollin Virtual Campus, the college district has 11 locations in Allen, Celina, Farmersville, Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Rockwall, and Wylie. Collectively, the district comprises more than 3,000,000 square feet. More information about our locations may be found at 4.youfa110.com/campuses/.
- Most significantly, the college successfully pursued a level change from an associate degree-granting institution to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution, offering Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Applied Technology in Cybersecurity, Bachelor of Applied Science in Construction Management degrees, and a new Bachelor of Applied Science in Clinical Operations Management.
- Collin College’s seven-year Master and Strategic Plans for 2023-2030 are underway. The college’s Master Plan is a comprehensive plan for facilities and programming. The Strategic Plan includes objectives and stretch goals for future initiatives.
- The college holds the distinction of being named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) from the National Security Agency (NSA) through 2027.
- The college also received validation from the NSA for its program in Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Cybersecurity through 2027.
Learn more key information about Collin College.
Contact the Office of External Relations
Steve Matthews, Sr. Vice President, External Relations
Office of External Relations
3452 Spur 399
McKinney, TX 75069